Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012... Don't waste time

2012 has arrived.  Time didn't stop,  it just kept marching on and 2012 clicked on the clock.   Time is constant and relentless at the same time.

Time tracks the seconds, minutes, hours and days of our lives.  I would love to have some of those seconds back from the past.  Time also allows us to recall the past with unique clarity.  "I remember ..." is a phrase we have all used.

I remember when I could run like the wind.  I remember when I wanted to play professional baseball.  I remember when I thought I was invincible.  I remember very clearly when I learned I wasn't.

My training continues for the FF Stair Climb.  Today, yes even on a holiday, I got in a 35 min hill course on the stationary bike.  Why train today?  Why, because time is marching on and I only have 69 more days to prepare to climb 69 flights of stairs to help a great cause.

When I was in the Army and was a Aide de Camp for General Richard Cardillo he taught me a very valuable lesson about time.  The General told me one day, "Lieutenant,  we can waste food, fuel, and money, but we can't waste time....and right now you are wasting my time!"

Happy new year to all.  Best of luck and prosperity in 2012.  Don't waste time this year, make the most of it.

On March 11 when I am climbing the stairs in Seattle I do not want to look back and say I should have trained everyday.  Today I tried to make sure that doesn't happen.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment