Friday, January 27, 2012

Get back on the horse

It is true... you just gotta get back on that horse.   When things don't go your way you just have to keep at it.

That doesn't mean you keep beating your head bloody against the same locked door.  Take a little time and review the situation and make some modifications, an adjustment, or improvement to what you have been trying and give it another go.  If you quit will have zero.

After a week of pain and a very clear memory of the past Sunday training debacle I decided to just get back on the Stair Mill once again.  All this week I focused on controlled workouts on the stationary bike.  I also made sure I did a better job of hydrating and paid a bit more attention to my diet.  I am not absolutely sure what happened; but today was a great workout!

Warm up:  15 minutes stationary bike  level 5-12
Steps:  69 Floors  18:57!  Max HR 109  Max R 22
Cool down:  walking and stretching 20 min

I was feeling so good today I had to keep holding back from increasing the pace.  What a difference from earlier in the week.  While I still have some pain in the ankle it is much better.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment