Wednesday, January 4, 2012

On the road

Once again I am on the road traveling.  Over the years I have traveled around the globe on business thus spending a significant amount of time in hotels and on airplanes.

Trying to get a workout in while traveling is very difficult.  There are many more reasons to not walk down to the health club or exercise room than you can even imagine.   If you ignore all of these very good reasons ad go to the "gym" in the hotel you will quickly find that there is no standardization in the size of the workout room and the equipment you might find.  I have seen rooms not much larger than a closet that are marketed as a modern health club.  At one hotel in Shanghai the health club facilities looked suspiciously like a duplicate of a Golds Gym. 

I have been successful the past two days on the road by getting in a training session both days.  While it was only on a stationary bike it was good to get the workouts in.  As I said previously I can't afford to miss many training days as time keeps clicking by.

My left knee feels good today with no lasting pain from twisting it earlier in the week.  I think I ate something yesterday that seems to be bothering me a bit.  Diet is the other issue that can be a problem when you are on the road.  I have learned that boring is better than exotic when it comes to food and traveling.  If you insist on exotic then be sure to pack some Imodium in your bag.

This time of year the hotel gyms are often busy with travelers keeping their new year resolution to loose weight by hitting the machines.  They weed themselves out fairly quickly over the next few weeks.  Usually about the time their new diet for the year gets dropped.

The stationary bike is OK but it gets boring after 30 minutes.   I can't believe I am looking forward to getting back on the stair machine when I get home this weekend.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment