Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stretching it

Back on the stair mill today.  69 Floors in 16:04 (no gear)   Max HR 124  Max R 34.   After not being able to get on the stairs for several days due to tendonitis it felt very good to get this workout in.  I stayed in control and felt strong and steady.  A good workout to get back into things.

I took extra time in warming up on the stationary bike for 30 minutes and this time also did some stretching before and after the workout.   My knees still hurt when I finished but I have gotten used to a certain level of pain with the arthritis after all these years.  I must say though they felt a lot better today than this past Tuesday.    Heat and Ice alternating on the knees for about 30 minutes following the workout too.  Tonight the knees feel good.

My plan is to continue some additional speed work on the stair mill this week and get at least two full gear sessions in during the next 7 days.   We are also trying to schedule a training session with Tom so he can work out the bottle change procedure.  22 days and counting.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment