Monday, February 13, 2012

Getting Old

This injury thing is getting old. 

It just seems I can't catch a break.

Yesterday my right knee started to have some pain.  This morning it hurt and was very stiff.
Experience tells me this pain is likely Patellar  Tendonitis.  Jumpers knee in more common terms.  While this won't stop you normally, it will slow you down and test your pain threshold.  Most of the pain is incurred when you push off as you step.  This could cause an issue with training for a stair climb.

This is probably a sympathetic injury from a few days ago.

I skipped the morning workout and used heat and ice to treat the pain.  By 4pm I was again on the
stationary bike in an effort to maintain my cardio training level.  I was able to get 45 minutes in with a Max HR of 104, not great but not too bad.

Tonight the knee plain hurts.  I shouldn't be so surprised.  Sitting here with heat on it after having some ice earlier.  If any of my athletic training friends have any suggestions please send them to jyonkin@epix.net

I anticipate broken sleep tonight and an early morning.  I guess I may be getting old.  I am just not ready to give in to that thought. 

If I had to do the climb tomorrow I would give it a shot.  It would be slow and careful but I would still give it my best.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment