Sunday, February 12, 2012

30 days to go

30 days from now Brian and I will participate in the Scott Firefighter Stair Climb in Seattle WA.  The climb is 69 floors of the Columbia Center Tower to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

We have been training for nearly two months now and frankly I am a bit sick of climbing stairs.  Along with the training comes some aches and pains.  In the long run I am sure the adventure will be positive.

The good news is that my brother Tom has gotten a clean bill of health from his foot injury and should be 100 percent for the event.

The next three weeks will be focused on stepping up the training and at the same time avoid any injury. 

Thanks to everyone that has become a sponsor.  We sincerely appreciate your support.  If you haven't joined as a sponsor then please consider helping us by going to this link.   http://sponsorbrianandjohn.net


Today my right knee hurt when I got up.  Honestly this is a daily event.  Something seems to always hurt but with a little focus and an apparent high tolerance for pain I just keep going.  Once I got on the stationary bike the pain seemed to lessen and after 45 minutes it was only a dull throb.  I intend to start two a day workouts and will add some stair mill speed work tonight.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment