Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No excuse

Traveling always makes getting a workout in a challenge.  This is also where the excuses are the easiest to come up with.  The workout facilities in hotels are very mixed, from modern equipment to a chair with large rubber bands.  One thing is certain.  The web site photo of the exercise room will never match what is really at the hotel.

This trip was no different.  A new hotel and of course an exercise room the size of a closet.  I was able to find out that I could walk across the parking lot to the Boston Sports Club and by showing my room key and five bucks I had access to 40,000 sq ft and three floors of weights, cardio machines and yoga mats.  Not to mention the lap pool and group spinning (biking room).  So I was able to get two good workouts in the past two days.  No excuses here.

I figure that since I am training for the Fire Fighter Stair Climb that supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society I should have no excuse not to train.

I continue to slowly rebuild my fitness base after a summer off and some weight gain.  I am being careful not to overdue things or have an injury early that will set me back.  I am feeling better everyday.  I am stiff and sore every morning but much of that may be me just getting older and my body reminding me how silly I was when I was younger.

See you at the Top!

John


No comments:

Post a Comment