Saturday, October 27, 2012

More Pain for you!

My last post I mentioned trying to avoid an early injury.  Well so much for that.   This morning an incredible pain in my right knee woke me at 4 am.  This was a new pain and in a new location.  It hurt at the top of the medial Tibia.  I get new little pains almost everyday as part of the aging process but this one was a 9 on the pain scale. 

I don't recall doing anything to the knee in the past several days, and there was no swelling of the knee.  Just a very sharp pain with any lateral movement or extension.   I did have a very hard workout on the stationary bike the day before and it is possible that I did strained something.  At first I thought maybe a medial meniscus tear, but with no swelling or pain at the back of the knee I am not confident this is issue.

I spent most of the day hobbling along with a brace and some NSAID treatment.  With hurricane Sandy planning to arrive soon there was a lot preparation that had to get done.  Tonight I added a ultrasound treatment as I sit and watch the World Series, now with an ice pack keeping the pain at bay.

I now suspect either tendonitis, a ligament strain, or arthritis.  Any or all three are painful I assure you.  I plan to continue treat with Ice, elevation and ultrasound for the next day or so.  It is very depressing to be injured and even more so to walk with pain.  I would rather be getting a workout in than icing a sore joint.

I hope to get back on the horse soon. 

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment