Thursday, October 11, 2012

Old friends are the best kind

The registration date for the 2013 Fire Fighter Stair Climb is less than 30 days away.  Once officially registered I will be committed to participating in the event.  (at least in my mind I will be committed)

My workouts for the past few days have been going well.   My plan is to get back on track slowly for the first week or two and then ramp up the workouts each week.   This year I will raise the length and intensity of the workouts as the weeks go by.

Currently I am getting 30 min of stationary bike, hill program at level ten.

Yesterday I called an old friend for no particular reason.  We haven't spoke for sometime.   His first question was to ask how I did in the 2012 Fire Fighter Stair Climb.   I explained what happened and that I did not reach my goal.  (a story I hate to tell as it brings back difficult memories each time)  He immediately told me that I had done more than he could have had he competed.  He suggested I give it another try, adding that he was confident that I would be successful this time.  His comments were pointed and sincere, exactly why he is an old friend.

Old friends, they are the best.

See you at the Top!

John




No comments:

Post a Comment