Friday, October 19, 2012

Don't be like me

Two more good workouts Thursday and Friday.  I took Wed off to get my screening Colonoscopy.  Yep, the one I should have had three years ago.  My reasons for putting off the procedure included traveling, work, weather, a little apathy, and just plain apprehension.

It was clear that I could have gone on making up excuses to avoid getting the procedure done.  Probably long enough for me to develop colon cancer and then be really sorry.  The fact is this procedure is truly one of smartest things you can do for yourself.  Honestly the procedure wasn't bad at all.   (I was asleep through the whole thing to be honest)   Knowing that it went well and that I am colon cancer free; priceless,

So Wed was another stationary bike day, 30 min hill climb, level 10.  Today I decided to change things up a bit and got in a free weight workout and then got on the stair step machine.  I had forgotten how much I really disliked the stair machine while I trained for the 2012 FF Stair Climb.   While I felt good it was a very good workout.  I am sure my legs will be a little sore Saturday.

I will close with a request that if you are nearing age 50, or over 50 and have not yet scheduled or had a screening Colonoscopy please make that appointment as soon as you can.   Don't be like me, don't put off taking care of yourself.

See you at the Top!

John 

No comments:

Post a Comment