Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fir Na Tine!

Shipping our gear to Seattle today.  Less expensive than taking it on the plane with us and much less likely to get lost.  Only a few days to go.

Last night Station 20 assisted Williamsport City Fire at a 3 alarm job at Lycoming College.  Now a normal person who has been sick for several days and has a 102 fever would never get out of bed to even watch a fire on TV!  Brian not only got out of bed but made the truck (L20) and worked the job with his crew.  While some may say this is crazy or foolish I can tell you it is very normal behavior for Fire Fighters in general.  When the alarm sounds they drop what they are doing and go do the job.   Career or Volunteer the basic behavior is the same and the intent is to help others.  Fir Na Tine!

This morning I got in the final full gear practice run before the big climb.  My time for 69 floors was 26:03.  Not my fastest time but clearly my best run to date.  The pace was excellent, pulse rate stayed around 120, breathing was controlled and my legs felt good the entire run.  A very positive session setting up for Sunday in Seattle.  Final preparations are underway and I am looking forward to the trip.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment