Sunday, March 4, 2012

Are you prepared?

I decided to take today off from training.  Mostly because I just didn't feel good.  This evening something happened that gave me a surprise and something to think about.

Earlier a Mrs. Lowe called and asked if I was the guy she read about in the paper.  The guy and his son who were climbing the building.  I told her yes my son Brian and I were training to climb the Columbia Center Tower in Seattle.

Mrs. Lowe told me that her organization wanted to sponsor Brian and I and that what we were doing was a fantastic endeavor.  Her organization was sending $500 to the LLS as a sponsor for Brian and I.  I was stunned that out of the blue a group of people would give us this level of support.

Mrs.  Lowe then asked if I was ready for the climb.  To be honest I have been avoiding this question for the past couple weeks.  The truth is I don't know if I am "ready." 

I prefer to say I am prepared for things instead of saying I am ready.

In any case I feel we are prepared for the stair climb challenge.  With a few days remaining we can continue to train and prepare.  We will likely continue to prepare even up to the start of the event as there is always something that can be done to improve. 

Anytime you take on a new challenge, especially one you are not familiar with, you must be as prepared as possible to give yourself the best odds of success.  And you must always continue to prepare because you never know when the next challenge may come along.

Are you prepared ?

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment