Friday, December 23, 2011

One step forward, two steps back?

Have you ever noticed that you often take one step forward and end up going two steps backward?  Life seems to do this all the time.  I know I am not the only person who has felt this way.

Today I started on the stationary bike for 35 minutes, (hill climb, level 10)   I then got on the stair machine and climbed to the 40th floor in 9:52!  Pulse 94, respiration 38, at the top.  After a 5 minute cool down my pulse was 62 and respiration 16.  I felt very good and in control the entire climb.  The key will be how my left knee feels in a day or so.

The last time I did this workout my left knee was killing me for a week.  The truth is I nearly amputated it with a box cutter it hurt so much.   This knee was operated on for a torn meniscus in 2002 and reminds me every chance it gets that I am getting too old for some of the adventures I take on.  Lets hope I don't have a repeat of the last workout or I will be taking two steps backward again.

See you at the Top!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment